Director of Core Platforms Engineering
A Global Financial Services Company
9:10 AM Developing a Secure and Compliant Governance Framework to Mitigate Risks from RPA Implementation
A 24/7 bot works much faster than its human equivalent. However without human checking its work, there could be dramatic and catastrophic results.
· Establishing clear governance policies and controls that IT, information security and business leaders understand and can adhere to
· Developing a risk assessment and control program to ensure robotic and human error are reduced at your launch stage and thereafter
· Continuing risk monitoring after scaling up RPA projects organization-wide
According to the recent statistics, 30% of RPA implementations end up being unsuccessful. In this session, the panelists will cover some key implementation challenges and reasons for failure such as trying to automate the end-to-end process instead of starting simple, thinking solely of short-term gains and not investing in the future, putting people strategy later, etc, and discuss how to initiate actions to drive success.
9:00 AM Workshop A: Launching RPA Pilot Projects – from Proof of Concept (POC) to Process Redesign & Vendor Selection
Early adopters who look for quick, viable results in cost savings and efficiency often dive straight into RPA with a complete process transformation. However not all processes are suitable for robotic process automation. Without understanding yourorganisation’s processes clearly and choosing the right process to automate, successfulbusiness transformation will never be achieved with the narrow objective of automationalone. Vendor selection is the next most important step in implementing RPA. RPA consulting firms and technology providers all claim they are the best in the market. However what are really their differences?This step-by-step interactive workshop weighs up the benefits and risks, covers a tick list of what you should be assessing to ensure the success of your RPA pilot projects.
· Understanding the basics of RPA, its potential approaches and benefits
· Planning a successful RPA pilot initiative: Outlining the proof of concept, testing the solution and analysing results
· Re-evaluate operating model and overall technology architecture
· Assessing your processes based on complexity, applications involved, technology and geographical location of process owners
· Identifying the process and deciding between end-to-end integrationor partial integration with RPA
· Defining the vendor selection criteria and understanding the key differences of the common RPA solutions providers offerings
· Weighing the pros and cons of outsourcing RPA vs. developing in-house RPA capabilities
· Post RPA implementation: Monitoring and tracking the performance of your processesand vendors